New Earth Organic Farm is offering internships to people interested in learning more about organic gardening. Our internships offer hands-on learning through real life experience in a fun and dynamic environment.
To make a request for internship please follow this link: Cite Ecologique Internships
On top of the above mentioned basic subjects, Interns are learning the basics and more advanced practices such as:
- How to manage crop rotations to avoid fungus and parasites.
- Ways to extend the growing season in our northern climate (up to 9 months per year)
- How to feed the soil with green manure, compost tea and home made compost
- The basics of Nutrient Dense Fertilization (inspired by Dan Kitredge)
- Specific day-to-day care for each type of vegetable
- Harvest and storage procedures
- Drying herbs